Friday, March 1, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!!!

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

A Big Thank You to Jennifer Collar McMurrain for the invite to participate in this Fun, Fact Filled Adventure. I am very excited to share My Next Big Thing will all of you.  Enjoy!!!!


Q. What is the working title of your book?

A. Katie McCory & The Dagger of Truth

Q. Where did the idea come from for the book?

A. My inspiration for Katie McCory & The Dagger of Truth really did not come from one book or person. I have read many fantasy books and gained inspiration from each and every one of them.

Q. What genre does your book fall under?

A. Katie McCory & The Dagger of Truth is a middle reader fantasy book full of adventure, faries and fun.

Q. Which actors would you chose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

A. I really don’t have anyone in mind. I do think that it would be fun for unknown children actors and actresses to find their way into Fey.

Q. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A. That is a very hard question. I really do not think I could wrap it up in one sentence. I guess you could say my book is an exciting adventure into an unknown land where everything is new and strange.

Q. Will your book be Indie published or represented by an agency?

A.  I would love to see it traditionally published, but if I do not find a publisher within this year then I will definitely go Indie. This book has been in the works for over ten years and I am ready and excited to see it in print and make it available to all fantasy book lovers.

Q. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

A. Katie McCory & The Dagger of Truth is a mixture of my love for C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien books. I have tried to introduce new appealing fairy characters so that is does not tell the same old fairy story. I hope I have put enough originality into the book to make it stand apart and be remembered. I really want to get kids excited about this book and if it does well I plan to do a series.

Q. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

A.  My mother introduced me to the land of fantasy and fun at an early age. My favorite book was an old fairy poetry book Silver Pennies handed down from her mother, to her, and then to me. I have also had a lot of encouragement and help from my family. They are the ones who gave me the drive and confidence to get 'er done.

I tagged Penelope Anne Bartotto to be the next blog hop. Be sure to hop on over to Penelope Anne Bartotto Blog @http://spoilerssweetie.blogspot.com/ on March 8th
Also hop over to Jennifer Collar McMurrain's blog to read about her Next Big Thing @ http://www.jennifermcmurrain.com/2013/02/jennifer-mcmurrain-next-big-thing_22.html

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it... oh wait I have and it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Biting nails right now waiting to see if I have a publisher /</</</</<

      Delete