Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Finding Fey ~ ( The Child of Lore)



The Child of Lore 

By C.L. Collar

 The small, iridescent green dragon listened to her friend's cry from deep down inside the small forest-colored stone. She saw the petite pointed face, huge pine green eyes, and spiked golden hair of Natasha embraced within the stone. Words had not been needed between the two friends since childhood. Their minds had fused together the day Tempest was born. They knew each other’s thoughts and communicated thus, no fuss, no bother, just pure honesty. This was the way it was with Elves born of the Tagnik'zur Clan and dragons.

“Oh, Nat, I don’t know what to do! I wouldn’t know where to begin to look,” Tempest said, wringing her petite paws as a tear of devestation slipped to the ground.

“Tempi, think back to the days of yore. Who told us the most about the Child of Lore? The Wizard, Yaz, he might know more.”

The tiny dragon cocked her head as the words took form in her mind. “What! You want me to go to that crazy old man’s house by myself? You must be kidding! There’s no way I’m going there alone. The last time we were there, he tried to cut off my tail. His eyesight is so bad he mistook me for a lizard. No! That is definitely out of the question! Besides, Nat, we don’t even know if the legend is true. Yaz is crazy. He could have made up the whole thing.”





 For all my NonKindle lovin' friends ~ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/405190

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! The comment bar has been fixed! Feel free to let me know what you think of this excerpt from Finding Fey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Can't wait for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely has promise and potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by David. I'm glad you think so. It was really fun to write about this little dragon.

    ReplyDelete