Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Whispers in the Wind ~ Part 2



Whispers in the Wind
Part 2

By: C.L. Collar




As he watched, she rose and returned to her prey. He followed closely behind.
One more intense look at the young man, and then her sweet song filled the air. She put him to sleep without touching him, which would leave him with a whopper of a headache when he woke up, but still alive and unharmed.
As Conquestia watched, Dayinaira dissolved in a mist of teardrops and floated off on the breeze. This time he didn’t follow. He needed to think this conquest through. One mistake and Dayinaira would not give him another chance. He returned to the place where the daisy petals now lay on the ground and sat on her previous perch pondering his problem.
“Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dare. Why are you in such despair?”
Great, thought Conquestia, it’s Duprey, just what I don’t need right now. Normally, he would be happy to see the Amoral Fairy, his old friend and accomplice, but not now.
“Go away Duprey, I am not in the mood for company right now.”
“You mean not in the mood for my company, don’t you? I’m sure you wouldn’t send the beautiful Dayinaira away if it were she disturbing your thoughts. Get over it, man. She’s an Enchantress, and one of the most powerful fairies in Fey. She kills her lover, not like you and me who simply have our fun then go our merry way.”
“And why do you care, Duprey? You thrive on the pain of others. You should be eating this up. Isn’t that what you live for? Bringing young women up to the height of euphoria, then reveling in the fall when you pull the rug out from underneath their hearts. Go away. I despise you right now.”
“Oh, come on, Conquestia! You can’t seriously be thinking of trying to out-charm her, are you? Man, that would be suicide. You might never recover! Let’s go find a nice pretty little mortal. That will make you forget all about Mistress Death.”
“Don’t call her that! You don’t know her like I do. Just leave me to my thoughts.”
“Fine, it's your loss. I saw a real ripe beauty enter the woods near the glen. I’ll just take her for myself while you pine away for what will never be.”
Maybe Duprey was right, thought Conquestia. How do you enchant the most powerful enchantress in Fey without using magic?
He sighed as he picked up the daisy petals one by one. He stared at them as if they held the answer he was seeking.
Fickle, fickle, fickle Fey.
Don’t be dreary this fine day,
For I have seen your heart and know
A way for your love to show.
A feminine voice whispered through the air, dangling the promise before him on its invisible cord.
“Who are you, and how do you know what is in my heart?”

Who I am you need not know.
Just listen to my voice and go
To the pool of tranquility,
and wait for the Lhiannan Shee.
“Why should I trust you, when you will not show your face?”
Fickle, fickle, fickle Fey,
We could do this all of the day,
But it won’t get you what you want,
And then it will be all your fault!
The voice floated away on the breeze.

To be continued...

Read this and more unique Fairy Tales in my Book ~ Finding Fey ~ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I7JJKFC/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1



No comments:

Post a Comment